Tuesday, June 29, 2010
The Gentlemen's Ride is a team event scheduled for Saturday, the 25th of September, 2010. Teams must contain four(4) riders and at least one(1) of them must have competed in the May 15th , 2010 running of the Almanzo 100. Each team must be registered by Saturday, August 7th, 2010* (see below).
Here is how this whole thing is going to play out:
1. Each team will receive one set of cue sheets. Each set of cue sheets will contain directions to the entire course.
2. There will be a clipboard (with an attached clock) at the start in Spring Valley (TBA) where each team will be required to sign in and out.
3. There will be a manned midway point where each team must check in. At this midway point, each team must have all of its riders together before it can leave to ride the second half. (i.e. each team is only as fast as it's slowest rider)
4. The finish time for each team will be that of the last team member to complete the course. (read: it pays to work together)
5. There will absolutely be no outside support at all. There will be no drop bags. Each team, and each team member is responsible for themselves.
6. The course is identical to that of the May 15th, 2010 Almanzo 100.
7. There are currenty no prizes and no awards beyond bragging rights and points towards the AGRS Cup.
8. There is to be a gathering afterward that will be announced sometime between now and then.
9. Yes, you're welcome to sleep in my yard. And my friends yard. Just email me about it before you make definite plans.
That's it for now. Questions? Let me have 'em.
Include the following on a postcard and send it to the address below.
Name of Team
Names of all four riders
Email contact for the team
c/o Chris Skogen
1217 7th Ave NW
Rochester, MN 55901
Posted by Chris Skogen at 11:39 AM
Saturday, June 5, 2010
The boys from Salsa have been kind enough to bring Mike Dion's 'Ride the Divide' to Minneapolis. If this film doesn't make you want to get out and ride, I'm not sure anything will. All the info you'll need is right here and if you're in the mood to watch the trailer...go on and check it out.
Posted by Chris Skogen at 11:18 AM