Thursday, October 7, 2010

Invitation

Just got this from a friend regarding Italy's history of gravel road riding. I thought it might be appropriate to invite the man who got it all started over there. So here it is, an open invitation to Mister Giancarlo Brocci.

Mister Brocci,

I would like to extend to you a most sincere invitation to what I believe to be America's version of L'Eroica. On Saturday, the 14th of May, 2011, riders from around the USA will join together in the small hamlet of Spring Valley, Minnesota to ride the beautiful, yellow rock roads of the Upper Midwest. My hope is that with your presence, we could bridge the gap between the pure history of bicycling's roots and the bright future that I see for cycling in the years to come. I realize that you may never see this, but should your eyes fall upon it, I extend to you my services in making your visit a reality. I will hold a spot at the front of the group especially for you and make clear your presence to all in attendance.

Sincerely,
Christopher S. Skogen
founder/director
Almanzo 100
1217 7th Ave NW
Rochester, MN, USA
55901

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nicely done. First class as always!

Mike B. from IL