Friday, September 24, 2010

Water issues.

I just got back from driving the lowest parts of the route and here is the deal. For the most part the route is dry and dusty. The lowest parts, including the road through Foretville State Park and the "water crossing" are wet. How wet you might ask? I'll tell you.

First, the Forestville road: Once you cross the bridge there is a puddle about 40 yards across. At it's deepest right now it is about 8 inches. My guess will be that by tomorrow at 11:00am or noon (when people start rolling through) it should be down to four or less. Which will be easy to roll through. Just keep your head up and ride smart as the pavement underneath might be muddy and slippery.


Second, the water crossing: As of today it was moving pretty swiftly. My guess will be that by tomorrow morning it will have receded pretty well. From what I could see it had already dropped about four feet from where it was when it was raining last night. As a precaution, I am going to be driving out there very early tomorrow morning to check it. If I think it is too bad, I will reroute that section.


All in all the roads looked great. They county was out doing some work on a couple of the hill sections and what was left seemed to be a pretty chunky mess, but there were certainly good lines.


My best advice for tomorrow would be to ride smart, keep your head up and remember that this is all just for fun anyway. Oh yeah, and keep the rubber side down.

Best,
Chris

2 comments:

Joshua said...

Thanks for scoping out the route Chris.

Crunchy Potatoes said...

Now that's what I call a route report! Thanks Chris!