Saturday, December 19, 2009

RULES

We've got a couple rules we'd like you to follow. Here they are.

1. YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN.
2. YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN.
3. YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN.
4. YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN.
6. YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN.
7. DO NOT PEE IN FRONT OF OTHERS.
8. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOU.
9. RIDE SAFELY. DO NOT BE AN ASS AND RESPECT THE LAND YOU TRAVEL ACROSS AS WELL AS THE PEOPLE YOU MIGHT MEET ALONG THE WAY.
10. YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY ON YOUR OWN.
11. THIS IS A SELF-SUPPORTED EVENT.

I hope these are clear. You are entirely on your own during this event. As the race director, I will supply you a course, directions to navigate it and a finish line. I will not come and get you if you become stranded. I will not change your flat tire or bring you a tube. I will not be held responsible for your injury. I will, however, be there to welcome you across the finish line and be the first to congratulate you on your accomplishment. That's that. Those are the rules. Questions? Concerns? Let me know.

Best Always,
Chris

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does this mean you are no longer able to get bottles or food from your support team at the checkpoint?

Chris Skogen said...

You may still receive support from your crew at the checkpoint. Sorry for the confusion.

Tony said...

so, you're on your own?

Magnetic said...

#10 need to be amended.

Chris Skogen said...

#10 has been amended.

C.J. Ong, Jr. said...

Thanks for doing this. My wife and I used to put on self supported races until people needed their tushies wiped all the time.

See you in May.

Anonymous said...

Hello, i feel that i saw you visited my site thus i came to go back
the desire?.I'm trying to to find things to enhance my website!I assume its adequate to make use of some of your concepts!!

Feel free to surf to my page: diets that work

Tracey Zwiefel said...

This will be my first gravel race. Traveling over with friends from Mason City, IA. Thank you for organizing the race.