Saturday, December 19, 2009

CHANGES (2010)

So I've changed a couple of things for 2010. The checkpoint that has been located in Spring Valley for the past two years has changed. The "halfway" point will now be at the concrete pavilion in the valley with the "S" turn. Those of you that have ridden the Almanzo course before may remember the sheer limestone wall that sits directly behind this shelter, those that haven't...you'll see it soon enough.

The second change is the elimination of the single speed and fixed gear categories. I have given this a great deal of thought for the last couple of years and I have decided to break the race into two categories, one for the gentlemen and one for the ladies. What you ride is your choice, how you ride it is your business...besides, it's all in the engine anyway. (The only exception to these changes would be with the entry of a tandem in which case the bicycle, and it's riders, will be entered into their own category)

6 comments:

Steve Fuller said...

At least there's no getting lost leaving there. :)

HEATH said...

very cool. A great day in history. Isn't there some kind of equal rights title for this? Need help from Duluth. "Title B", all riders shall be treated equally unless they ride together on one machine. Hithertoo henceforth godspeed ect ect.

Rich said...

I agree with your decision. I do not wish to be in the "old guy on orange single speed" class. I prefer simply the "guy on bike" class. Thanks . . .

J-No said...

Damn, I was hoping to win the 35+ Clydesdale fixed gear category too.

jp said...

Man, do I feel OLD when J-No is over 35!! :)

Squirrel said...

Simple....just the way you intended it to be. I'll see you this year!

Peace