Saturday, August 15, 2009

Vacationland.

So I was actually out of town for four days and I was able to get out and ride for parts of two of them. Total mileage amounted to somewhere in the 110 range. The pace was quick for 80 as my two year Wisconsin riding partner Dave seems to be able to pull me along for miles and miles. The other 30 was spent leisurely rolling around Shell lake with my new friends Dan, Robert and Ross who all hail from the land of the cranberry bogs. I can't guarantee a ride with Dave any time beyond this one week in August every year, but if you drop by the River Brook bike shop in Spooner, Denise will be happy to point you in the direction of the group.

Oh, and if you're in the neighborhood you might as well drop by Alley Cats Coffee Shop. It happens to be owned by one of the gentlemen I met along the Shell Lake ride, but I'll let you figure that out.





3 comments:

pedalgrl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pedalgrl said...

Please tell me you got to eat where you parked your bike against the "-FOOD-" shack. Bummer if not, but I bet the food was rad if so. Great shots Chris.

Anonymous said...

Thanks on your marvelous posting! I seriously enjoyed reading it, you will be a great author.

I will ensure that I bookmark your blog and definitely will come back very soon.
I want to encourage yourself to continue your great
job, have a nice evening!

Here is my weblog - breakfast zachary la