Monday, August 24, 2009

The Gentlemen's Ride Weekend.


I need to know if you are coming. I am going to make cue sheets available to those that confirm as well as some extras, but i am not going to make a ton, so if you want directions, let me know. (Some of you have already let me know and I appreciate that.)

Friday September 18th:

- The yard is again open for anyone who might like to put a tent up and camp out.
- From 7:00 to 10:00pm there is going to be a pre-race party at Kathys Pub in downtown Rochester. We're going to be installing some photographs and previewing a bit of the film. I'll have a map up here in the days before as well as maps available at my house.
- After the party I'll be heading back to the house to relax a bit before heading off to sleep. (This could mean a fire in the backyard)

Saturday September 19th:

- 7:00am: Begin to assemble at the Casa del Almanzo for an 8:00am start.
- 7:45am: Pre-ride remarks.
- 8:00am: 1st Annual Gentlemen's Ride begins.
- After the ride begins, you are essentially on your own. The halfway point looks like it will be at a place called Johnny Ringos in Spring Valley. This is a bar and the updated cue sheets will get you there.

*This is intended to be a big group ride along the 2009 Almanzo 100 course. Ride at your own pace and have fun. Feel free to hang out in Spring Valley as long as you like, I probably will. This ride, unlike the May version has far fewer rules (if any). You're welcome to stop and meet your friends or have a picnic or pitch a tent and call it a day. When I get back to the house I am going to want to sit back and discuss the whole thing. Upon your return, I would encourage you to do the same thing. Please feel free to hang out as long as you like.

*Funding is tight, BYOB.

*Questions? Let me know.

No comments: