Saturday morning will be here soon. Here are a couple of things that you can expect from me.
1. I will be at my house starting at 4pm on Friday evening. I will be there cooking on the grill and helping people get there tents organized in the yard.
2. I will be taking a spin around the city around 6pm on Friday. This ride will most likely include a trip out to the first section of the course.
3. I will be starting a small contained fire in my backyard around 8pm on Friday. This will most likely be a short gathering around the flames to bring the night to an early close.
4. I will be making pancakes in my driveway starting around 5:15am on Saturday. If it is raining we will play it by ear. This will not be gourmet, but it ought to be fun. I will have Peace Coffee available as well.
5. I will certainly trade you your race packet for your signed release form at any point during the aforementioned activities. This will definitely speed up the registration process and relieve a great deal of congestion at the Start/Finish on Saturday morning. However, I cannot grant any time bonuses for those that register early. Sorry.
6. I have decided to ride the group out of town. What this means is that we will all leave the Start/Finish together. We will ride through the city's center and out to where the gravel starts as a group. Once we hit the gravel I will drop back and try my best to personally wish you all a good ride. At this point the race will be officially under way. With 114 riders I feel that this is the safest way to get everyone out of town quickly and efficiently without the potential for red light running and the like.
That's the list of things you can expect from me. If you have questions, please let me know and I will try my best to get them answered quickly and accurately.