Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Schedule for the Weekend.

Less than a week and I am sure there are some questions that need to be answered. I aim to get those solved here, but if anyone has a question on something not covered here, please email me and I'll do my best. Here we go...

For Friday Day/Night Arrivals:

If you are a registered rider (or with a rider) and are coming down on Friday night, you are welcome to join in the festivities which will start at 4pm. You can find directions to my place here.

I had originally thought that a ride out to a bar west of town would be a good time (and frankly, it is still a good idea), but I have reconsidered and come up with this:

-I just remodeled my gas grill into a charcoal burning bbq machine. We should use it.
-I am going to make myself some food to eat on said grill between 4pm and 6pm. If you want to use it, it will be there and it will be hot, but I am not buying you dinner.
-At 6pm I would like to go for a spin. If you want to hit some gravel we certainly can (we can figure that out before we head out), but let's keep the pace casual.
-Around 8pm I would like to start a fire in the backyard. It isn't going to be a late night, but enough to have a good time.
-At approximately 5:15am on Saturday I will begin making pancakes in my driveway. These will be good and free. You are welcome to eat them. I will have paper plates and forks and such. Also Peace Coffee has thrown in some wake-me-up beverages. Thanks to them. ***Please note that I am only one guy and while I will have some help, I am not going to be creating any gourmet meals.
-Also, the pancake making will stop at 6:15AM so that I can get over to the Start/Finish line to begin accepting registrations.

For Saturday Morning Arrivals:

-The start/finish line is at Bicycle Sports and you can find directions here.
-Please note that the surrounding businesses, as well as Bicycle Sports are fully functional and will be open while we are out riding so, PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN THE BICYCLE SPORTS OR SURROUNDING BUSINESS PARKING LOTS.
-The registration table will open at 6:30am in the parking lot at Bicycle Sports.
-To get your race packet you will need to bring a signed copy of the rider release form which you can download here.
-There will be a few announcements made at 7:45am. These will be short and to the point, but no less important. Please try to listen.
-The race will start en-mass sharply at 8am.
-The first portion of the course winds its way through the city of Rochester. There will be some traffic as the ROADS ARE NOT CLOSED. Please DO NOT RUN RED LIGHTS.

That ought to cover the big stuff. Like I said, if you have questions not answered here, let me know and I'll try to help as best I can. Just another quick note, I want to thank everyone for coming out for this, I really appreciate the support and I look forward to meeting those that I don't know.

Thanks again,
Chris

13 comments:

J-No said...

I'm looking forward to it.

J-No

Anonymous said...

Any chance on getting the mile 40 check point local?

Chris Skogen said...

The 40 Mile checkpoint will be located in Chatfield. This is a time checkpoint only, there will not be any support allowed at this point. The ONLY only place a rider can receive support is in Spring Valley.

That said, it might not be a bad place to watch the race from. The course will enter Chatfield on Territorial Rd and cross HWY 52 on First St.

pedalgrl said...

Butterflies have arrived in my gut. Must be getting closer. Have a great week Chris. Thank you for all that you have done. It is a larger undertaking than most of us are aware of. And you really ought to think about a DONATION box/hat or something. TRULY. Peace out.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info, is there one place in Spring Valley, or anywhere in Spring Valley where we can meet up with outside support?

Buckshot77 said...

Should we bring a head/tail light for the Friday night cruise?

Buckshot77 said...

Anyone's crew interested in toting a couple drop bags to the support area for a couple unsupported guys from Iowa?

Chris Skogen said...

There is a defined area in Spring Valley where support can be received. This is outlined in the race packet that the riders will receive the morning of.

As far as blinkies and headlights for the Friday night ride, something small ought to do the trick, but if it adds space, don't worry about it.

Anonymous said...

Chris, thanks for the info and for setting this all up.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Chris for all your work putting this race/ride together. Looking forward meeting you.
AnneGrabowski

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to it! Thanks for all the work in putting this together Chris.
--Troy L

Steve Fuller said...

Neutral rollout through town until we hit gravel, or racing from the start?

Buckshot77 said...

It isn't neutral, but the pack pretty much stayed together until we hit the first gravel last year.