Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Just gave birth.

I am proud to announce the arrival of a brand new ride. A date has been decided an the arrangements are currently underway for the first ever Almanzo Gentleman's Ride. Save a spot on your calendar for the weekend of September 18th and 19th. The ride will follow this years Almanzo 100 course and will be kicked off with a pre-ride party/bicycle art opening the night before (Friday the 18th) at one of the local watering holes here in Rochester. A weekend full of bicycles, art and beer...what more could a person ask for. Start growing those mustaches as I'll be back with more info after the race next weekend.

6 comments:

Steve Fuller said...

Are you requiring a path racer and either wool or tweed to take part?

Chris Skogen said...

Any one of those items might get you ahead in the game, but a mustache will seal the deal.

Buckshot77 said...

Damn, I need a good excuse to grow my stache again. Heh, the guy staying with me this weekend couldn't beleive that was me in our wedding pics since I had the stache going on.

pedalgrl said...

So ovaries excluded I am guessing. I can, however, grow the stache.

Stephen said...

Mind if I ask a friendly question?

Why did you choose the same weekend as Chequamegon?

Steve

Chris Skogen said...

As a road event, I was trying to avoid cyclocross races. Not trying to draw from, or compete with the Cheq.