Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Another Schedule

Here is what you can expect from me over the course of the next few days.

1. I am currently working on getting the results broken down into categories. That information will be available in the next few days right here.

2. Jerseys. I am going to be making another jersey order. These are going to need to be pre-paid. They are $70 and you can send a check, money order or well concealed cash to me with a size and a return address, but we can discuss that more formally in a few days.

3. I have started to write a full race recap. It is time consuming. Right now I have everything covered up to the point where I rode everyone out. I am just getting in the car to drive to Chatfield and arrange the first checkpoint. That has taken 1096 words. It's going to be a bit. Sorry. In the meantime I will share a portion with you. Here it is:

"...As the boys on the front did what they do best and accelerated toward the days first climb, I pulled off to the side and shifted into an easier cadence to wish the rest of the pack a great day. As I continued at a significantly slowed pace, I found myself at the top of the hill, still welcoming the trail of racers. It was pleasant there. The sun was crisp. The tail wind was encouraging. This is why I started this thing. The morning. The road. The countryside. The bikes. It was beautiful. It was happiness..."

2 comments:

TOMMY GUN said...

Chris,

I hope you'll believe me when I tell you that I haven't been involved in a cycling event in my whole career that is as awe inspiring, and fun to ride as the Almanzo 100. (or 103.5, natch). Even though I always find myself in the pain cave, there ain't no place I'd rather be. From year one, you've been nothing but class, and it is an honor to be a part of it.

best,
-Hurl E.
Cars-R-Coffins

pascual said...

That was absolutely a pretty pretty paincave.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oAIh8BpGec

Thanks!
jose