Thursday, March 26, 2009

So, I need to ask a favor.

My 8 year old daughter is coming to visit from Rhode Island. She'll be here for 3 days starting Easter Sunday (April 12th) and I need a bicycle for her. I was thinking that I could build her up something to roll on 700c's, but I am afraid she won't like it (read: not cool enough). Either way I need something.

If anybody has an old frame and some of the bits to go with it, I could use it/them for a bit.

If anyone has an old youth sized bike (preferably girly), I could use it for a bit.

Anything will be helpful. I realize it is short notice, but I'll come get it and bring it back. I'll be happy to make a donation to your cause if you can help a brother out. Let me know. I'd go out an buy one, but money is fairly tight around the 'ol Almanzo house.

Thanks in advance,
chris

5 comments:

Banjo Brother MV said...

I have a 20" Girl's Schwinn you could have for the low, low price of free. Is that too small?

Banjo Brother MV said...

Contact me via mvander [at] banjobrothers [dot] com id interested.

Jim Thill said...

I have a vintage kid-bike collection. The one that comes to mind is a Raleigh 3sp in kid size (~15-16" seat tube) with 24" wheels. It's a kinda powder blue color that your daughter may like. You're welcome to borrow it as long as you return it before my 4yo is big enough to ride it.
jim@hiawathacyclery.com

pedalgrl said...

I have an older Caliente. It's pink!

Anonymous said...

I have a purple 6 speed my 11 yr old just outgrew. It's kinda mountain bikish. Building her a new one out of spare parts this spring. Will be a yr or two before my boy's big enough to ride it. You could borrow it if you like.

-Chris Prescher