Friday, February 6, 2009

One Hundred Six.

I've tallied up the post-cards and the final number is 106. Thanks to everyone! I will be putting up some lodging info in the next week or so for people coming into town for the race.

Also, I'd like to officially announce that I am opening my yard to anyone who might want to throw up a tent and bed down for free the night before. My yard is big, but not that big, so if you want in you'll have to get on the list quick.

Since I've offered up my lawn, I would also like to touch on some of the other events new to this year.

First: If you're coming the night before, there is going to be a social ride around Rochester. *More details will follow.

Second: If your going to be in Rochester well before the race I am going to be making pancakes (buffet style) at my house before the race. If you're in the neighborhood and up for some free carbs, stop by and eat 'em up. *More details will follow.

12 comments:

Buckshot77 said...

Ya know Squirrel and I will be camping out!

Chris Skogen said...

Your spot was already reserved from last year. That leaves room for around eleven more tents. Anybody?

Garrick said...

I'd like to reserve space for 3 tents. I'm thinking that sleeping in a tent is going to beat the hell out of an early morning 2 hour drive. Plus, the social ride and those pancakes both sound like a great idea.

Chris Skogen said...

Sounds good Garrick. 8 remain!

Tim said...

I'll reserve two tent spots. Thanks.

Chris Skogen said...

Done deal Tim. Only six left...

Squirrel said...

Sweet! I'm jones'n!!

Peace

Chris Skogen said...

Squirrel, are you ready for me to come down and DFL the Cirrem 100k?

Squirrel said...

I doubt you get the DFL award...there will be one now though:) But if you need a place to crash we have a spare bedroom.

Peace

c.j. said...

Chris-

Caught your new site. Clean. I like that. Was wondering if it would be advantageous to throw a quick link to mapmyride to give the viewer a solid shot of the map/route smack dab on the index page. Like - when I click on the WHERE - I get some sexy text, but no real meat. Then in the DIRECTIONS tab, the civil engineer schematics are hot, but you know.

c.j. said...

NO GPS UNITS ALLOWED!!...NO EXCEPTIONS! And no mention anywhere about GUNS. Nice touch. So does that mean I can bring my piece? Ahhh, funny. Peace out.

bobbydale said...

When are you going to post the lodging information?