Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Man made quarry.

Well, I went out today and gathered the remaining ingredients for this years trophies. I figured it would be nice if the winners could take home a bit of their accomplishment so I decided to gather some rock from a squishy section of this years course. Now, when I left the house with an empty bag the idea seemed great, but when I filled the bag (see photo below) I realized that collecting forty pounds of gravel to create a memorable trophy with just a messenger bag and a bicycle is not my best idea ever. Having said that, and being done with the whole project, I cannot think of another way to do it. So I guess this is the ritual then. Which means next year, about this time, you can expect to see me hauling rock the old fashioned way, with blood, sweat and gears.

4 comments:

Z said...

Any details on the cue sheets (size mainly)? Thanks

Isaac

Chris Skogen said...

Cue sheets will be 4.25" x 5.5" or, for a visual, one regular 8.5" x 11" sheet of paper quartered.

David Lee said...

I can't make it. Can you reschedule for next weekend?

Consider this my withdrawl notice. :(

Chris Skogen said...

David, I am sorry to hear that. Please keep the Almanzo 100 in mind for next year.

All the best,
Chris